lørdag den 2. januar 2010

Do you need rest for your soul? - Freedom from heavy burdens of guilt and legalism, trying to earn salvation by good works?

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”(Matthew 11:25-30)

Jesus here thanks the Father, that the message about Heaven is: HIDDEN and NOT understood by those wise in their own sight and not believing Him, but it was REVEILED to those who trust Jesus and are humble in heart. Jesus even confirms that by saying: “Yes Father, for such was your gracious will.” The biggest hindrance for coming to Jesus is: Unbelief and a proud heart. The consequence is: NO rest for our souls. (Our biggest need – now, and in eternity) Jesus Christ was chosen by God’s own will to be born into this world approx. 2000 years ago - to heal, forgive and save those who would believe, that He is the Son of God (incarnated in human flesh)and have all things handed over to Him by His Father (Jesus is God)

I believe that unless Jesus Christ chooses to reveal Himself to us, we cannot know Jesus, God’s son and God, The Father, but if He has revealed Himself to us, so we know in our hearts, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, we can NEVER deny that fact - even if it will cost us our lives.

In Matthew 11:28 Jesus chooses to invite “all who are weary and burdened" – and he continue: "and I will give you rest for your soul”
Rest for your soul means eternal rest for all who seek forgiveness of their sins,and freedom from heavy burdens of guilt and legalism, trying to earn salvation by good works. Do you need rest? (I constantly need rest - every new day!) How do we come then to Jesus: In simple prayer, and in Jesus name! Come to Jesus...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar